Are you Looking to Adopt?
Please fill out the following:
• Please give our staff 24 to 48 hours to process your application. In many instances your application can be approved within minutes, however at times staff will need additional time to contact a landlord or veterinary hospital for a reference.
• All animals adopted from Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association are spayed or neutered before going home. The cost for this procedure is included in the adoption fees.
• Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association will be able to hold an available pet for 48 hours if an approved adopter needs additional time before signing paperwork and making payment.
• Adoptable pets must be considered healthy, 8 weeks or older, current on vaccines/medical care, and dogs must have received a behavior evaluation. Pets lacking this criteria will not be able to be adopted or held for any potential adopter.
• Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association staff will approve adoptions on specific a pet based on the best possible match for that family and cat or dog. Staff reserves the right to decline an adoption should they feel it not be a good match.
To make the application process smoother please ensure that you have released your veterinary records and spoken with your landlord or home owner prior to placing an adoption application.