Feline Behavior Hotline
About the Program
Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association offers a free Feline Behavior Hotline for adopters and individuals who are experiencing feline behavior issues.
With your dedication and involvement, many behavioral issues can be resolved. Please keep in mind that negative behaviors do not develop overnight and will require your patience while working through a modification plan.
What Information Can we Assist With?
- Litter box Issues
- Inappropriate Scratching
- Introduction to new and existing Pets
- Environmental Stressors
- Play Aggression
- Fearful Behavior
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 315-697-2796 extension 304
Many individuals experience basic behavioral issues that can be easily resolved while others experience complex issues that require in-depth help. You may find it useful to look into the following resources for additional information and contacts in the behavior field.
When WRHA cannot help
- Medical issues: Some behavior problems can be due to an underlying medical condition. If your pet has a medical need or is in distress, contact your veterinarian. Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association is unable to give advice on any medical issue your animal may be experiencing.
- Severe Aggression Issues: There are many reasons an animal may behave aggressively as aggression is a complex behavior with various contributing factors. The WRHA Cat Behavior Counselors will be unable to address dangerous aggression issues and recommend that you contact a certified behavior consultant or your veterinarian for assistance in such instances.
Re-homing your Pet
Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association advocates for lifelong commitments when it comes to pet ownership; however, if you decide that you would like to relinquish your cat or dog, please visit the surrender page for more information.
All information and materials provided to you, including information and advice offered through our Feline Behavior Help Line email or telephone service, is provided without any warranty, express or implied, as to its effect and completeness. Please use the information and advice provided as a guide. All recommendations should be used at your own risk and preferably in combination with professional advice.