Court Mandated Community Service hours are available at Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association between 8am and 12pm Monday through Sunday. Due to the size of the shelter and limitations of staff Wanderers’ Rest will only be able to accommodate one Community Service Volunteer a day. The following guidelines must be met to be accepted:
- Bring court documentation stating how many hours to be completed and date to be completed by.
- Court documentation of offense
- Bring a current form of ID to verify that you are 18years of age or older.
WRHA will not accept those convicted of the following:
- Weapons charges
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
- Crimes against animals of any type
- Show up between the times of 8am to 8:30am Monday through Sunday
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty as your task will be cleaning.
- Those completing Court Mandated Community Service hours will have no contact with the public.
- Those completing Court Mandated Community Service hours will have no contact with the animals.
- Must be able to walk on a concrete floor and be on your feet for most of the day. There is a lot of moving around and physical activities involved with most of the Shelter tasks.
Duties at the shelter you may perform are:
- Washing/ disinfecting animal crates
- Washing/ disinfecting dishes and cat pans
- Cleaning windows
- Yard work and general outdoor clean up
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and other duties as needed
Community Service Volunteers must dress in a manner presentable to the public regardless of the work performed. This means tank tops, holes in the knees, or T-shirts with inappropriate slogans are unacceptable. Only shorts at least mid thigh length will be accepted. WRHA is not responsible for damaged personal clothing.
Non-skid sneakers or work shoes are recommended, pull on rubbers are also acceptable. Open toed shoes will not be permitted for sanitation reasons.
- No smoking on shelter property
- No entry into staff only areas (medical room, management office, isolation, rear kennels)
- Cell phone usage is only permitted in emergency situations
- No visitors or friends will be permitted during service hours
- Must arrive on time for scheduled shifts
- No reckless behavior
- No loitering or excessive chatting with staff or volunteers
Wanderers’ Rest Administration reserves the right to refuse anyone for any reason if it is deemed in the best interest of the shelter and staff. Failure to comply with the above rules will result in termination from the community service program.